JOIN OUR TEAM
📢 We're Hiring 📢
We have an exciting opportunity for someone interested in a career in Engineering.
You will be reporting directly to our Production Manager, and you will be provided the opportunity to work within a small friendly team and given training on a variety of different machines and processes.
The ideal candidate will have GCSE Grade C/4 or above in Maths, English and one other subject (or equivalent).
Successful candidates who become a skilled member of our team are very likely to be offered full-time employment.
**HOW TO APPLY** please email your CV to this ➡️ email address ⬅️
Junior Turbocharger Technician
You will be provided the opportunity to be trained on a variety of different machines and processes such as:-
· Turbo disassembly of customer/stock and scrap turbochargers
· Thorough cleaning of all parts, loading parts cleaners, hand blasting equipment and loading of automated blast cleaners
· Rectification of used parts: preparation of required surface finish of components, broken stud/bolt removal, repair of threads (helicoiling/inserts), checking straightness of turbine shafts, porting and polishing of components
· Use of hand tools: Electric and air drills/angle and die grinders, spanners, socket sets, hand files, hack saws, hammers, flex honing, Pillar drills, linishers
· Possible operating a centre lathe and honing machine for simple operations (depends on skill level of candidate)
· Checking that work meets quality and technical standards i.e. ensuring that in-process inspections and checks are carried out correctly
· Use of measurement equipment, micrometers, verniers, Dial gauges
· Ensure that all documentation is correctly completed
· Organisation and planning of jobs
· Housekeeping of all workshop areas
· Routine machine maintenance
· Computer literate
· Ability to work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy
· Eagerness to learn new skills – ‘can do’ attitude
· Hard working
· Keen to learn
· Team player